There will be a limited number of registrations available for Mixed and Womens double teams. We always try to have draws totals in multiple of 4's so that we have as few byes as possible. All other teams will start out in a waterfall bracket (see example of a waterfall bracket on the Rules and Regulations page found below). In the waterfall bracket, all teams will play two 8 game no ad pro sets to determine each doubles team competitive levels. After the two rounds of 8 game pro sets each team will play a minimum of two regular scoring matches with a tiebreaker used as a 3rd set if needed. FWith this unique format, players do not have to worry about NTRP rating whatsoever and can partner up with whoever they wish, and the double teams end up playing against other double teams of similar skill in their final bracket. Players will only have the option of playing in one draw, Women's or Mixed Doubles as that in itself will be a ton of tennis for the weekend.
After both rounds of the 8 game no ad pro sets, there will be:
- Any double teams who received byes go the Division I Championship Bracket.
- 8 double teams that won both of their 8 game no ad pro sets. Those teams advance to the Division I Championship Bracket.
- 8 double teams that won their 1st Round 8 game no ad pro set, but lost their 2nd Round 8 game no ad pro set. Those teams advance to the Division II Championship Bracket.
- 8 double teams that lost their 1st Round 8 game no ad pro set, but won their 2nd Round 8 game no ad pro set. Those teams advance to the Division III Championship Bracket.
- 8 double teams that lost both of their 8 game no ad pro set. Those teams advance to the Division IV Championship Bracket.
All the Division Championship Brackets will be regular scoring, with a third set tiebreaker used in lieu of a third set. There will be a consolation draw in each of the divisions as well, resulting in a minimum of two regular scoring matches for each team. (If a team received a bye from the Waterfall, that team is guaranteed at least three matches.
Champions and Runner-Ups in each division will be recognized and trophies presented to both.
Players will be limited to a 5 minute warm-up once they have put assigned a court.
Players should arrive at a minimum of 30 minutes prior to scheduled court time ready to play. The schedule is just an estimate of when your match could be played. Once courts become open, we have the option of putting your court on as early as 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
If player's court has been called and is within the 30 minutes before the scheduled court time there will be a 15 minute default time. Players will receive a 30 minute break before playing their next match at all times unless they are playing multiple events.
WaterFall Bracket Example