Adult Waterfall Format
- Friday – 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Individual Sign up Fee - $135
- 2 nights - $810 Total ($405 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 3 nights - $990 Total ($495 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 4 nights - $1170 Total ($585 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 2 nights - $832 Total ($416 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 3 nights - $1030 Total ($515 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 4 nights - $1220 Total ($610 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 2 nights - $924 Total ($462 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 3 nights - $1160 Total ($580 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 4 nights - $1400 Total ($700 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 2 nights - $1800 Total ($425 Per Person, based on 4 people)
- 3 nights - $2080 Total ($520 Per Person, based on 4 people)
- 4 nights - $2340 Total ($585 Per Person, based on 4 people)
- 2 nights - $2430 Total ($405 Per Person, based on 6 people)
- 3 nights - $3000 Total ($500 Per Person, based on 6 people)
- 4 nights - $3510 Total ($585 Per Person, based on 6 people)
Racquet War's Adult Waterfall tournament is absolutely the most unique tournament around. Each player is guaranteed 4 minimum matches over the weekend and a lot of players get 5 or 6 matches.
June 7-9, 2019 - Friday's matches could start as early as 8:00 am.
This could change once the number of entrees has been determined.
Kingsmill Resort is a place steeped in honored traditions and genuine Southern hospitality. When the first English foot was placed in Virginia, it was here on these grounds that once served as a central part of the area’s plantation life in the 1600s through 1800s. Today, Kingsmill Resort retains those magnificent traits inherent in Kingsmill’s early life with grand accommodations, gracious hospitality and stately service. The Resort’s Plantation Golf Course is routed along what was once the original Kingsmill Plantation, and other resort properties and features are similarly located on plantation grounds.
Thursday, May 23, 2019 at midnight or when the draws fill.
Entry fees are built into the package deals for accommodations, but if players strictly wish to only pay for tournament fees entry fee is $135 per player or $270 per doubles team.
Players may sign up as individuals if they do not want to put together their own team. We will match up these players together and form teams.
Full refunds are given up to four weeks of the event. If withdrawal is made within 4 weeks but before the draws are posted a 50% refund will be given. Once the draws have been posted or we are within two weeks of the tournament there are no refunds whatsoever.
Womens and Mixed Doubles. (Since we are not actually running the tournament by NTRP levels, all levels are allowed.)
How Double Teams Can Be Formed?
All teams are made up of just two people. You and your partner will play all your matches together all weekend long. One of the best part of Racquet War's waterfall format is the ability for players to partner up with anyone at any level. For example, if you have a NTRP USTA 3.5 rating and want to play with a good friend of your who has a NTRP USTA 4.5 rating you can do so. The format (described below) of the tournament ends up putting you and your partner in the correct bracket for your level. So while we do collect your NTRP rating, it doesn't matter whatsoever in who your partner is.
All teams will start out in a waterfall bracket (see example of a waterfall bracket on the Rules and Regulations page found below). In the waterfall bracket, all teams will play two 8 game no ad pro sets to determine each doubles team competitive levels. After the two rounds of 8 game pro sets each team will play a minimum of two regular scoring matches with a tiebreaker used as a 3rd set if needed. With this unique format, players do not have to worry about NTRP rating whatsoever and can partner up with whoever they wish, and the double teams end up playing against other double teams of similar skill in their final bracket. Players will only have the option of playing in one draw, Womens or Mixed Doubles as that in itself will be a ton of tennis for the weekend.
Prices and Room Packages
All packages includes all accommodations, resort fees, tournament registration fees, and all taxes. For all players who arrive on Thursday night, a free clinic on the court with the pro's is also provided.
One King Bedroom - Includes up to 2 tournament entries
Two Double Beds Bedroom - Includes up to 2 tournament entries
One Bedroom Suite - Includes up to 2 tournament entries
Two Bedroom Suite - Includes up to 4 tournament entries
Three Bedroom Suite - Includes up to 6 tournament entries
Need more info? Email, Text or Call Racquet War
Rules and Regulations